kaze on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:30:06 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Re: Clueful Philly recruitment consultants?

--> According to Charles Stack:
--> > I *STRONGLY* suggest that before you sign with a recruiting
--> firm that you
--> > look over their "contract" very carefully.  YOU should not be
--> liable for
--> > anything if the job doesn't work out (let alone 10% or more
--> of your salary).
-->
--> Right.  I went with Main Line only after I crossed out that part of
--> the contract.  I had a little chat with them over it, but in the end
--> they decided they'd find me a job anyway.  Their loss if they hadn't.
--> --
--> Chip Salzenberg

I wasn't that brazen - I just told them that I couldn't accept that. To
their benefit I've noticed that for many Inky classifieds posts MLP put
their home numbers in to receive weekend phone calls, and they have a
contract placement department which _does not_ make you sign away some % if
you don't stay some min length.

Networking is key. Obviously PLUG is a good place. I am on
<http://www.panma.org> and <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Phillyjobs/> as
these are relevant for me.

Here's a very recent /. link on OSS employment
<http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/02/2054256&mode=thread&;
tid=98> to this article
<http://www.theopenenterprise.com/story/TOE20021202S0001>

Also peep the PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER at