epike on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:40:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Laptop reboots -- Comcast or static or age?

In an older RH release, I've had a case when i had
to pass a mem=xxM parameter to LILO (or the kernel).
the xx is just a little below what physical RAM I had.
Could be a bad ram on my laptop, or RH was seeing more
memory than it could actually use (I put like 2 or so megs
below what I really had).  Perhaps worth a try.

jondz / e.pike