Thomas Thurman on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:00:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] "inter-user mail"

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

> This is a beginner question, but I can't seem to find the answer.  On a
> multi-user computer, how can I send mail, including file attachments to
> other users on the same computer?

This is pretty much the same as sending mail to people on other computers,
if your mail transfer agent is configured correctly.

RFC2822 allows the right-hand side of an email address to be the name of a
host, rather than a mail exchanger, so you should be able to get away with
sending mail to username@fully.qualified.name, username@[ip-address] or
simply username@localhost.