Tobias DiPasquale on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:00:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] "inter-user mail"

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 09:18, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> This is a beginner question, but I can't seem to find the answer.  On a
> multi-user computer, how can I send mail, including file attachments to
> other users on the same computer?

Compose the message, then save it to a file and use mail(1) with just a
username, e.g.:

# cat message.eml | mail <target-username>

I usually leave the subject line out and use the -s option to mail(1).
That's the way I do it on Solaris. HTH.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer