Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:50:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Window Maker

On Monday 02 December 2002 01:39 pm, Michael Leone wrote:
> Walt Mankowski said:
> > Yes, that's the issue.  Windowmaker (and some other window managers
> > these days) has special support for these apps.  They can run along
> > the side of the screen without any titlebars or borders or such.
> >  If you run
>
> Sounds like the old MS Office 97 "Shortcut Bar". :-)

Nah... The Windows OSB is just an app launcher.  The buttons can be
configured to run apps, launch documents, etc, but you can't dock
running apps or applets.

BTW, does anyone have an answer to my original question ;^) -- whether
an upgrade of WM 0.65 to 0.82 is worth the hassles, if any?