Mike Leone on Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:00:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Window Maker

Walt Mankowski (waltman@pobox.com) had this to say on 12/02/02 at 17:25:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:39:51PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
> > Sounds like the old MS Office 97 "Shortcut Bar". :-)
>
> Hrm, maybe.  I'm not familiar with it.  Applets are sort of like those
> little programs that run along the Windows task bar and tell you how
> much batter power you have left, let you adjust the speaker volume,
> etc.  Only bigger. :-)

Yeah, I know. Windows has them, to an extent - some apps run in the system
tray, as you say. The Office shortcut bar is more like an "applet bar" - there are
buttons for the various office suite components, and it's usually docked at
the top or right side of the screen (with an "always on top" option set).

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348