Paul on Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:20:21 -0500

Re: [PLUG] 'inter-user mail'

I'm sorry if this is becoming a thread!

I'm not confused. I see that there is a reasonable e-mail address at the _end_ of the long _link_.

W-610.344.4471/P-866.284.1603/jonelson@state.pa.us

Maybe this would be better (I hope it comes out correctly.) unless the numbers are part of the address:

W-610.344.4471/P-866.284.1603/jonelson@state.pa.us

If the numbers are part of the e-mail address, then they are in fact included or encoded in the address.

M.Simons wrote:

HUH? I'm confused, as it seems, so are you. What do you mean "encoded in
an email address"? It's not "encoded in an email address" it's INCLUDED in
his .sig(nature) file. How much information does one want in a signature
file? As much as one can reasonably fit in a reasonable (4-6 line) .sig
Have you ever heard of GeekCode, GothCode, or even BunnyCode or one of the
many offshoots? Now THAT's a lot of encoded information! Given, he could
probably lay it out better to avoid confusing people such as yourself, Jon
Nelson includes this information, IMHO, to be accessible to us should we
(hopefully not) need him for his official duties/community service.. FYI,
Jon Nelson is a Trooper/Officer in the Computer Crimes division of the
State of PA Police Force. He has also previously presented at PLUG, and
is an active member. He is entirely accessible, friendly, and seemingly a
nice chap, too. He even has his RHCE! Hey, maybe I should be his PR
agent. :)