gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:09:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] 'inter-user mail'

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 06:38:03AM +0000, Thomas Thurman wrote:
> Interestingly, according to RFC2822 it's valid to have a slash in the
> local-part of an email address[1], so Mozilla is doing the right thing
> here. FWIW, Pine isn't making a link out of it for me...

Incidentally, Worldcom's (yeah, yeah, I know) email-to-fax (NOT fax
to email; send *outgoing* emails, have them faxed) service uses /s
in the encoding of the address. Their system processes various
arguments out of it, including what account you're faxing from,
phone numbers, so forth.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net