Stephen Gran on Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:38:18 -0500

Re: [PLUG] System Resource

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 07:18:36AM -0500, Naresh said:
> Can you please provide a sample for a user? I know the file already has
> comment lines in it, but it would be nice if I can see a fullblown sample
> user,  dummy.

Who're you calling dummy (^;

Something like:
dummy           hard    fsize           100000
dummy           hard    nofile          1024
dummy           soft    cpu             120
dummy           hard    maxlogins       16
dummy           hard    priority        5

you mean?

<domain> is one of user, group, or wildcard.  <type> is hard or soft -
user can adjust soft limits up to hard limits, but cannot adjust hard
limits.  <item> is the thing being limited - one of:

core, data, fsize, memlock, nofile, rss, stack, cpu, nproc, as,
maxlogins, priority, or locks.

Descriptions of each are in limits.conf.  <value> is, obviously, the
value of the limit.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Whatever it is, I fear Greeks even when |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | they bring gifts.   -- Publius          |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Vergilius Maro (Virgil)                 |