Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:00:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] LINUX Luncheon and Project SIG

On Monday 09 December 2002 08:55 am, you, Edward M. Corrado, wrote:
> So I'm not the only one who thought of that!
>
> Ed C.
>
> On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:30:28PM -0500, swdudek wrote:
> > >         The Phila.Area Computer Society will be presenting a
> > LINUX forum > and Project SIG on Dec.21st Saturday from 11 to 2.
> > Please check out our website > www.pacsnet.org and my attachment
> > for more information.
> >
> > Ah, the sweet irony of announcing "Linux Day" with an MS Word
> > attachment...

I remember the exact discussion the last time someone announced a lLnux
evernt with a word attachment.

Actually, what I was really thinking is, what a weird word document it
was, at that.  It had no formatting that required it to be an
attachment rather than plain text in the body of the email itself, and
even weirder, it had double hard returns on the end of each line to
simulate typewriter style double spacing (like it was prepared by
someone who didn't know about the basic word wrap and paragraph
formatting of word processing software).

The event and the organization sponsoring it seems to have a lot more
than Linux on the agenda, so the MS-ness didn't bother me, it was just
a really intrinsically weird attachment to use to announce anything.