Bob Schwier on Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:00:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Does this sound like a lemon?

Have had similar problems.  Used Norton to get in and kill the MBR.
(Norton 8)  The MBR had to be killed so absolutly as to torch everything
else.  The simplist way is to file zeros in the MBR and start over since
this machine supposedly contains nothing that you wish to save.
You can do this from debug.  There is a means.  I would recommend talking
to the people from Freedos first.  One problem might be an overlay program
like discwizard that keeps the actual works protected.
In my case, it was the overlay program, attached to my efforts to install
a working LINUX.
bs