gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:40:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SPAM from being a list member/poster

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:41:33PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Does clicking "unsubscribe" really work?

If your spam came by way of mta1.cc3.com, I can assure that either
it will work or, if it doesn't, you can email me and I'll yell at
the jerk who sends spam for my employer and get it fixed.

Otherwise, chances are slim that it does what you want.

> Spam Assassin?  How about *Spammer* Assassin?!  My Web hosting service
> has some type of spam blocking utility.  I'll use it if they make me.

Spam Assassin is a Perl script, run on your mail server, which
uses a variety of spam recognition services to block spam. It's
remarkably effective and highly recommended. If memory serves, you
don't even need to run your own mail exchanger to use it these days.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net