Kevin D. McAllister on Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:50:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SPAM from being a list member/poster

* Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:28:45PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Spam Assassin is a Perl script, run on your mail server, which
> uses a variety of spam recognition services to block spam. It's
> remarkably effective and highly recommended. If memory serves, you
> don't even need to run your own mail exchanger to use it these days.

I typically run it as a filter on my messages via procmail.
So You don't really need to have your own MX.

A good old fashion
fetchmail->localmta->procmail->SpamAssassin->inboxen works really
well.

Actually I am not sure how I would do it on my MX, I guess using the
sendmail milter interface (or equivalent for your preference in MTA)
would be just as effective.

But I highly recommend SA.  It has greatly reduced my spam intake.

--
Kevin D. McAllister
kevin@mcallister.ws