Tobias DiPasquale on Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:00:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SPAM from being a list member/poster

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 08:26, Kevin D. McAllister wrote:
> I typically run it as a filter on my messages via procmail.
> So You don't really need to have your own MX.
>
> A good old fashion
> fetchmail->localmta->procmail->SpamAssassin->inboxen works really
> well.
>
> Actually I am not sure how I would do it on my MX, I guess using the
> sendmail milter interface (or equivalent for your preference in MTA)
> would be just as effective.
>
> But I highly recommend SA.  It has greatly reduced my spam intake.

You could use a milter or a Postfix plugin (or extend and replace a
binary, if you use qmail) or SpamAssassin on the server side, but if
you're like me, you don't have access to your MX directly (shared
hosting; cheap =). So you might use procmail, but you might try this
out, as well:

http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

It's getting a BIG activity numbers on SourceForge these days (although
it just got bumped from the top 10 a day or two ago).

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer