epike on Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:10:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] tar and tape problem

i get those when i mistakenly tar files that
aren't regular files or
tryign to tar things i dont have permission for.
Usually the tar file result is still readable,
its just that there are missing items in there.
quite possibly you have things in your tar list
that are pointing wrong.

try to redirect stdout and stderr too and see
what you find.

jondz