Michael Bevilacqua on Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:00:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mail reader/server config

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 07:18:51PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> These all seem a bit on the kludge side. Suggestions?

I can't say what will work best for you. What my girl and I use is ssh
into our mailserver(a seperate box) then run mutt. When we need to view
attachements which are mostly graphics, those /home directories are nfs
exported on our lan to our workstations, so the attachments are saved to
the common directory, which is then mounted on our workstations. This,
however cannot be done from elsewhere, but then I don't usually want to
view attachements like that from elsewhere, so its not to much of a
problem. This makes for a pretty secure setup.

--
Regards,

Michael Bevilacqua

   ~