Kevin Mudrick on Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:50:30 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Perl and a large concatination

> I know the file name will the 'srquote' so, that isn't a puzzle. I had it
> working with several files as long as they were all in the same directory,
> but, when I try to open them up in different directories, nothing works.
> Here is my single directory version, any ideas anyone?
> flock(OUTF,2);

Brad,

Two suggestions.  One, is try "use strict;" in your perl code, it will
help force you to write better code.  Two, the cpan module "File::Find"
will help with finding files in directories, and handles recursion well.
If you don't want to use File::Find, opendir and readdir are two perl
functions that (I believe) are pretty portable.. perldoc -f opendir for
more details, and such.

--
 kevin mudrick // kevin@furhurts.com
 http://furhurts.com/kevin_gpg.asc