Michael Bevilacqua on Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:30:29 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SQL

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:13:00PM -0800, slash_axl_rose_upen wrote:
> how do i get started and which is a good book for sql on linux

The documentation for MySQL is refreshingly good in my experiences and
like other SQL DB's (Oracle, Postgre) the statement syntax doesn't vary
much so using documentation for the navigation of one of the three can
be used across the board.

1) Take a look at http://www.mysql.com/documentation/ for some examples.
2) Read the Oracle 101 Series of books published by McGraw Hill/Osborne:
	a) Oracle PL/SQL 101
3) Download and install PostNUKE or PHP-NUKE to see MySQL in action
4) Google should return some HowTo's (I'd hope)

--
Regards,

Michael Bevilacqua

   ~