Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Look what the Government wants now

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 06:38, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> This morning while reading the paper I was alerted to this article in
> the NY Times.
>
> Is this a good thing or just Big Brother invading your space?

Well, I guess it depends on whether or not you want to live in a country
where the only thing you have to fear is your government.

The Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi used to justify the huge fees he charged the
Beatles and other rock stars of the time, while preaching the evil of
materiality, by saying that people don't value the things that they have
gotten cheaply and easily.  I guess freedom has been so cheap and easy
for most Americans that they take it for granted and attach little value
to it.  I wonder what those 18th century, anti-government radicals with
slogans like, "Give me liberty or give me death." would think of the way
today's Americans are willing to squander the freedom for which they
sacrificed their "lives, fortunes and sacred honor" to achieve.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC