Bob Schwier on Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:55:12 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Look what the Government wants now

Depressingly good point.
I just listened to a little black girl's reflections upon the movie,
"Glory" as corny, and she was one of the brighter bulbs in my class.
"But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone,
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot."
For what it's worth, "Glory" demonstrates all of those bases of what my
generation learned was manhood.  Denzel Washington's character being
whipped for a discipline offense with a stoic indifference to the pain
would have been considered the pentultimate of proper response.  And I
could see the drill instructor torturing the four eyed geek even as I was
lucky and in my unit was the fat slob.
Sorry to waste bandwidth on something that amounts to a coincidence.
bs