Geoff Rivell on Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Look what the Government wants now

On Friday 20 December 2002 02:37 pm, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> I remember attending the Viet Nam war protest demonstrations and how the
> police were always ther to break up the demonstration and knock a few
> heads.  I also remember how the government was fighting back then as
> they are now to erradicate the Constitution.
>
> Now the government is using the boogy man ``Terrorism'' to take away
> your freedoms and rights that so many have given their lives.  I still
> agree with Patrick Henry when he said give me liberty or give me death.
>   This is one subject I get a little passionate about.

What the government is relying on is the fact that most people are ignorant
and don't care.  Not the fact that if they knew what was going on, it would
not be a friendly war on the constitution.

It is the media's responsibility to spread the news, but since billionares
don't feel harmed, I guess we are screwed.  Glad Canada exists in a somewhat
unharmed fashion :)

If you want to get attention these days, you have to protest and get your
skull split open no matter how peaceful it is.  Thats the only way to get 15
seconds on the news.  And it will be a mocking news piece.  Not a real news
story.

At work, they talk about cops arrested for buying drugs in Cherry Hill, etc.
They talk about dogs getting beat with bats.  They never talk about freedoms
pushed aside.  Not even tobacca gathers much attention other than "Can you
believe the price of cigerettes?".  Not the cause.

I personally can't wait until voting numbers drop to 25% of the nation voting.
Then maybe people with issues other than racism, homophobes, patriots (hah),
and tax relief will get heard.  Little things like patent office, DMCA,
corporate greed, environment, and lifetime representatives (100 year old
ones) will become an issue I hope.

</SOAPBOX>