Stephen Gran on Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:10:34 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian reportbug error?

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:08:38PM -0500, John Lavin said:
> Jeff Abrahamson said:
> > Has anyone else been getting these bounces from debian reportbug? It's
> > been happening to me for some weeks now (that is, a few times over
> > several weeks). But I don't know how to report it if I can't use
> > reportbug.
> Nope - I haven't gotten any bounces.
> -john

You can use a regular mailer to send bug reports to the BTS, so long as
you can edit the headers before mailing.  All reportbug does is insert
some headers, and generate a list of dependencies.  Check with a bug
alread in the BTS to see what headers whould be inserted, but it's no
big deal.  There is also an option to reportbug to allow you to compose
messags inside, e.g., mutt, but if reportbug is itself broken for you, I
guess that won't work well.

If all of this fails, I guess try installing the reportbug from sid - I
don't see any major dependancy problems, as IIRC reportbug is just a
shell script.  There may be some changes in how things are parsed or
something, but one would hope they wouldn't break backward compatibility
to the stable release.
|  Stephen Gran                  | It is better to wear out than to rust   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | out.                                    |