Stephen Gran on Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:10:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] gpg, mutt, and trust-db

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 01:18:03PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 12:19:45PM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I was reading some of the posts here about gpg and mutt, and this
> > reminded me of a nagging thing with mutt - it tries to update the
> > trust-db at ridiculously frequent intervals.  I have looked through
> > the muttrc manpage several times, but I don't see how to disable it.
> > I know it's not gpg - gpg says the next update isn't due until
> > 4/3/2003 or so.  It's not a big deal, but it makes mutt pause for up
> > to 2 minutes before opening a message sometimes, and it's getting
> > old.  Anybody know the magic phrase offhand?
>
> What version of gpg are you using?

ii  gnupg          1.2.0-1        GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement.

> Does this address what you're talking about:

This part does:

* Chris Woodfield <rekoil@REMOVEME.semihuman.com> [2002-08-23 15:31 -0400]:
> 1. gpg apparently insists on re-checking the trustdb every time I open
> a message with a new signature.

> Can you get around it with the --always-trust flag to gpg (mutt
> config)?

I think this is what I'm looking for - where and how is this passed?
~/.muttrc, I assume, but I don't see the option that it should be passed
to.

|  Stephen Gran                  | The English have no respect for their   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | language, and will not teach their      |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | children to speak it.   -- G. B. Shaw   |