Molnar, Bradley on Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:13:04 -0500

RE: [PLUG] SAMBA Server

the one thing i will have to argue that is nice about SWAT is that if you
need help with a certain option, you just have to click on the 'help' link
and it brings up the man pages in html format (for easy viewing from a web
browser) and also, the way that it formats the status page is a lot nicer
than the regular smbstatus (and it lets you see which user has which files
open).

Beyond that, it is nice to get you started with a smb config file, but, not
much beyond that.

-b

-----Original Message-----
From: jon
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: 12/27/02 10:48
Subject: RE: [PLUG] SAMBA Server

You know... after screwing with this stuff for the first time last
night,
I'm inclined to agree with you, Paul.

The web-based tools didn't really work all that well, and the conf files
aren't too evil to manage, really.

I found this to be helpful:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/samba.htm

Also, what distribution are you using, Gary? Do you need CUPS support,
that
kind of thing?

	-- jon