gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] serving mp3's and ogg's

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 06:45:44PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Question 1: any thoughts why this is an error? It's kinda just copied
> from the man page, but copying from the man page worked last time.

Really just a thought, with no experience backing it... are you

> Question 2: Is anyone serving streaming mp3's or ogg's successfully?
> What software do you like for getting apache to serve them?

A neighbor is across my DSL (see, CAT-5 is pretty much indoor/outdoor,
and Speakeasy doesn't so much care) using icecast.

> Disclaimer: I'm just serving to the next room. No legal or bandwidth
> issues here.

What legal issues? The technology itself could clearly be used to
serve audio you'd recorded yourself...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net