Jeff Abrahamson on Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:01:07 -0500

[PLUG] serving mp3's and ogg's

I want to serve mp3 and ogg-vorbis files via apache. I've used Lincoln
Stein's Apache::MP3 module before, but I'm having trouble setting up
apache to do it this time. (In my <Location ...> block, I'm told that
"PerlHandler Apache::MP3::Playlist" is not a valid directive.)

Question 1: any thoughts why this is an error? It's kinda just copied
from the man page, but copying from the man page worked last time.

I also thought about using libapache-mod-mp3, but I'm clearly missing
something about how to set it up.

Question 2: Is anyone serving streaming mp3's or ogg's successfully?
What software do you like for getting apache to serve them?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Disclaimer: I'm just serving to the next room. No legal or bandwidth
issues here.

--
 Jeff