jeff on Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:10:34 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux Medical Apps

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 22:51, Bill Patterson wrote:
> Medical practice management requires continuing updates as government
> forms change, etc.  You need a subscription arrangement that
> effectively pools your (client's) dollars with others to achieve the
> economies of scale needed to stay up-to-date.  Although I don't know
> of any such systems that are open-source, let me know if you want to
> know of a good Windoze closed source system.

I have to agree here, although I've never really reviewed the open
source offerings.  I can tell you I've been stung by commercial software
companies though....

Having said that, there's a single-station package available for $99
from a company in AZ (I'll check if you're interested).  It gets more
expensive if you want to network it.  They're pretty good with updates.
I've done some work on it but the name escapes me.  I think there's even
a plugin for a Palm.

-Jeff