Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 1 Jan 2003 17:54:09 -0500

[PLUG] RPM & source

I like RPM because I like the database that is created by the system for
future uninstalls, upgrades, etc.

I've used checkinstall when installing from source to create an RPM and
update the RPM database.  That works fine when I am installing a program
for the first time, but is not enough when upgrading.

Right now, I want to upgrade mozilla 1.0.1 to 1.2.1, and gnumeric 0.67
to 1.0.15 or something.  Neither have  RH7.x RPMS available so I want to
upgrade from source.  any suggestions?
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC