Kevin Brosius on Thu, 02 Jan 2003 10:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Modem Buys

Vinord Anand wrote:

> I had posted to this list earlier about setting up my SM56 PCI
> motorola modem on my Red Hat Linux 7.3 for Internet access.
> I have since given up on this modem and would like to buy a new
> modem.I am using a Pentium II machine.

The Linux modem list at http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html is
very large and helpful.  I always look there when trying to get a new
PCI based modem to work in Linux.  I recently bought a $15 conexant
modem from ecost.com that works (although I'm not convinced how reliable
it is yet.)

Check out the "Linux/Modem Compatibility Knowledge Base " - "View entire
table" link.  It's over 600k of modem info...

--
Kevin Brosius