gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:25:05 -0500

Re: Speakeasy - Re: [PLUG] Verizon Business DSL

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:37:47AM -0500, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> There's a day in there for holiday/Christmas/weekend time, so I can't
> really complain.  Plus, I don't have the hardware yet, as I'm waiting
> for the 5 day shipment from KY of the modem...

Well, then my suspicion that they're getting a lot more subscribers
in the Philly area these days (based on how frequently I actually
hit peak on my current connection, which isn't guaranteed bandwidth)
is confirmed.

I had my modem before Verizon had even showed up.

> > hookup), and switch over to 768/768 SDSL. I've only spoken with
> Wow.  Want to adopt me? :)  I was hoping to have the option of 1.5/768
> ADSL, but neither Covad or Verizon offer it from my CO to my address.

I think the fastest my line (at ~9000 feet) can run is 1.1 (not
1.5). 768 should probably cut it for my needs, though. Not all of us
can have a T1 at home, just those that work for ISPs. ;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net