Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:30:33 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Jobs -- YES

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:00:42AM -0500, Brian Epstein wrote:
> I may be available for a short term, after hours/weekend gig here and
> there.
>
> Resume: http://www.epiary.org/~ep/

It's not 1998 anymore, you know. ;-)

But, seriously, if I may invite myself to give you feedback, do you
know that many of those (I looked at pdf, ps, html, and unix and dos
text) begin with an obvious mail merge cover letter?  I'd say (my
opinion only) that your online resume should be just that and not also
a cover letter. But certainly it shouldn't leave mail merge fields.

BTW, web servers/browsers should compensate for line ending stuff, I
think. And your html version has a couple oddities you might like to
correct, although I know it was generated by OpenOffice:

    - you specify the preferred language to be German for the
      document, and then override per paragraph

    - you use font size tags that make it nearly unreadable on a high
      resolution monitor. (Not everyone uses mozilla and has easy
      display font resize.)

--
 Jeff