Stephen Gran on Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:42:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] dsl isp question

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 06:43:01PM -0500, epike@isinet.com said:

> hello:
>
> pardon if this topic has been discussed about so much already,
> wasnt paying attention...so I'm about to go either speakeasy
> or DCA.  I'm switching over from comcast cable.  The reason
> being I want to run my own domain and services: primarilly
> dns, web, pop, and mail.  No warez or business or anything of that
> sort, mostly personal stuff for fun and learning.
> I can do that with comcast now
> but their written TOS expressly forbid running "servers".
>
> I'm leaning toward DCA but just to verify, is anybody here
> a current dca customer and doing their own dns/web/mail
> server are they ok?  they aren't blocking ports are they?
> how about reverse dns?
>
> thanks.  i can also be emailed directly at epike@isinet.com.

DCA.net blocks no ports - I'm not running DNS here, but I am running
mail and web without any issues.  They're technical support people are
actually mostly clueful, whish was a nice change.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Old age is the most unexpected of       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | things that can happen to a man.   --   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Trotsky                                 |