epike on Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:43:05 -0500

[PLUG] dsl isp question

hello:

pardon if this topic has been discussed about so much already,
wasnt paying attention...so I'm about to go either speakeasy
or DCA.  I'm switching over from comcast cable.  The reason
being I want to run my own domain and services: primarilly
dns, web, pop, and mail.  No warez or business or anything of that
sort, mostly personal stuff for fun and learning.
I can do that with comcast now
but their written TOS expressly forbid running "servers".

I'm leaning toward DCA but just to verify, is anybody here
a current dca customer and doing their own dns/web/mail
server are they ok?  they aren't blocking ports are they?
how about reverse dns?

thanks.  i can also be emailed directly at epike@isinet.com.

epike / jondz