gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 9 Jan 2003 00:05:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] portable MP3 player

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:43:41PM -0500, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have a portable MP3 player working with Linux? I
> just joined a gym and my CD player keeps falling out of my pants when I
> bring it there. I want to get a portable MP3 player, but I want to find
> out which ones work with Linux before I spent the considerable amount of
> money that they are on one of them. Anyone have any ideas?

Anything that just shows up as a hard drive after connecting via USB
under either Windows or Mac OS should Just Work.

(There's a hardware-standard-defined way of speaking if you're a USB
mass storage device, and following the standard means you get to
Just Work without paying any OS licensing fees.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net