Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:50:31 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OS Refund Day

One reason to fight for refunds is to increase the cost for companies to
sign agreements with MS to supply a copy of windows with every CPU sold
-- whether the end user wants it or not.

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 15:00, Paul wrote:
> Interesting.  Too bad it's so difficult to get what's promised in writing!
>
> When it comes to buying computers, instead of trying to get refunds we
> could just build or shop for PCs without the M$ tax.  No, I do believe
> big companies should honor their agreements, and that the fight for
> refunds is hornorable, but there are alternatives.
>

> Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
>
> >http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT8645822376.html
> >
> >Interesting article by a Sand Diego lawyer and LUG member who tells how
> >he forced Compaq to refund the portion of his new computer price that
> >was attributable to MS Win.
> >
> >Straight forward and accurate, legally.  He urges others to do it on
> >1/23/03.

Arthur S. Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC