John Lavin on Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:14:06 -0500

[PLUG] DirecTV switchover

Well - I'm switched over to Speakeasy now.  Waiting for DNS to migrate
to my new IP, but otherwise I'm all set.  I won't go into detail my
aggrivation at Verizon for giving me almost 3 days downtime - its in the
past now...

One thing I was curious about from any other DirecTV people out there is
if we still need to send them the old modem back even though they are
now out of business.  When I signed on, I agreed to pay to ship it to me
and ship it back.  I've got no problem doing so if they still want the
thing but I don't want to send it if I don't have to.

Anyone called them?  The phone number I tried needed my account number.
I have no idea if I have that number still...

Regards,
-john
--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> <jlavin@ccil.org>                       ,''`.
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level   : :' :