Kyle R . Burton on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:41:01 -0500

Re: [PLUG] PLUG phone amusement

> Just got a call from Ken Nosal (according to caller ID, he preferred
> not to id himself), 215/735-5967. He mentioned being a student at the
> University of the Arts.
>
> He said someone at Compaq suggested he look on the web, and he'd found
> my name through a "lie-nix" website. He wanted to know how fast a
> processor he could put on his motherboard.
>
> I politely suggested he search on google, that I had no idea. He asked
> a few questions about linux, which I answered and then suggested he
> subscribe to the list if he wanted to know more than a few questions
> on the phone could answer.
>
> Maybe there are people so naive as to call strangers and ask such
> questions, but I'm wondering myself if its a psychology
> experiment. Anyway, I'm curious if others hear from him.

Over the summer I got a call from a Drexel student that was taking a course
on Oracle's PL/SQL.  They wanted tutoring, and they wanted it immediatly.
I got the call on a Friday night and they just about demanded that I go
and tutor them personaly for a test they had the following Monday...

They said they found me by searching for Philadelphia and PL/SQL...

Kyle