Kam Salisbury on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:50:29 -0500

[PLUG] SpamAssassin on Redhat

Something cool about Redhat 8.0 is that SpamAssassin is now a part of the
distribution. However, the neat-O factor stops there because it is not setup
to work straight from the default install.

Anyone with experience setting up SpamAssassin and Sendmail? The deault
install has it running in a spamd configuration.

Do I have to write a procmail (milter) for using SpamAssassin? I know where
to get one on the net but it does not look like an implementation of
SpamAssassin but rather somthing else entirely.

My goal is to have SpamAssassin tag the SPAM as it transits a mail relay. Of
course I am implementing RSS (rbl) as well in sendmail 8.12

Any help appreciated...

011010110110000101101101

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA -- Believer in Open Source.
http://www.kamsalisbury.com

ps. Anyone wanting a bunch of Lords of Acid stickers, a button, a CD from
PragaKahn and a few postcards from the band just contact me off the list. I
don't want to trash these items... maybe we can work out something (ala' I
can bring them to the next PLUG or you can pay postal to your address)