Kam Salisbury on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:38:51 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Security of RedHat 8.0 and Apache 2.0.43

Another item to note is the use of the web daemon. For example, if you have
no need of mod_php or the like you can safely go with boa
(http://www.boa.org) for static content. It has cgi capability as well but
it is not necessary for boa to operate. I guess you could run PHP in cgi
mode as well as perl and python. Boa is small RAM wise and very quick on its
feet. Another small choice is thttpd though I have never really used it. Boa
does not handle .htaccess style authentication though. So... again, for
static content that you want publicly available on the net or intranet it
may be a good choice. I use it for a clip-art server whose pages and
thumbnails are built via a script running in a cron job.

011010110110000101101101

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA -- Believer in Open Source.
http://www.kamsalisbury.com