Stephen Gran on Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] directory conventions

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 06:00:01PM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion said:
> On a family computer where each family member has an account, I want to
> create a directory where a family member can save a file so that other
> family member users can access it.  This isn''t  a technical question
> per se; I know how to create a directory and set permissions.  Rather, I
> am trying to find out if there are naming conventions and conventions as
> to where to locate such a directory.

Something under /usr/share/ is normal, I believe, but for a home
computer, I think you could allow yourself a *little* more flexibility
:)

|  Stephen Gran                  | When nothing can possibly go wrong, it  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | will.                                   |