Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:00:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: Tux

> Unfortunately all the manual said about cgi was that tux supported it. I
> made the recommended change to the mime types and all that happens now is
> absolutely nothing (no errors, no content). I should probably fish in
> var/logs tomorrow to see if tux logged anything insightful about failing to
> serve cgi scripts.
>
> I'm inclined agree with the person who recommended apache over tux, but
> switching isn't convenient at the moment.

Why not?

Just change the listen line in http.conf to port 81 and point your browser
there:

www.mysite.com:81

You can tweak to your heart's content then change the listen line to port
80, stop tux and start apache.

No sweat.

Fred Ollinger