Kevin D. McAllister on Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:37:50 -0500

Re: [PLUG] "Friends don't let friends use Dell"

* Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 01:11:19PM -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> I'm in RPM Hell right now trying to satisfy all of the dependencies to
> get XFree86-4.2.99 working.  So rather than slog through all that, I'm
> just going to install Phoebe and get it over with.  It's just a desktop
> box so I don't need it on my support contract or anything.

If you don't want to install Phoebe you can grab the latest XFree86
from CVS and just do a *shudder* make world and a make install right
on top of your existing Psyche install.  It worked for me... although
I can't say that this desktop is the most stable environment I have
ever worked in.  But it is usable.  Where usable = At work usable.

Post on your experience with Phoebe if you go that route.

--
Kevin D. McAllister
kevin@mcallister.ws