Edward M. Corrado on Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:39:21 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Laptop Recommendations

When I bought by iBook, I was expecting to spend my time as follows:

Yellow Dog Linux: 70% of the time
OS X:             25% of the time
Mac OS 9:         5% of the time

In reality I do the following:

Yellow Dog: 14.999% of the time
OS X:       85% of the time
Mac OS 9:   0.001% of the time (I booted it once to see if it worked :-)

I don't think I have ever needed to get into Linux to do any work that
involved connecting to/administering my Linux or Solaris servers. I really
like OS X, and with the various packages you can download, you can run
most of the GNU/Open Source software that you want to on it.

Ed C.