Tobias DiPasquale on Tue, 04 Feb 2003 21:01:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Perl question

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 18:20, Beldon Dominello wrote:
> I'm working on a Perl program which will use an external utility (scp) to copy
> a file from another server to the one it's on.  The problem is the utility
> asks for a password, and the Perl script must respond to it.  I know there's
> an "Expect" PM I can use, but it's not on the machine currently and I'd like
> to avoid the fight I'll get over adding more Perl modules (they already hate
> that I'm using Perl, despite the fact that it's already on the machine).

What you need is ssh-agent(1). This can store the password for you so
the Perl script won't need to respond to the prompt (because it won't be
prompted, as the agent will reply behind the scenes with the correct
password). Check it out.

--
Tobias DiPasquale
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036