Beldon Dominello on Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:30:32 -0500

[PLUG] Perl question

I'm working on a Perl program which will use an external utility (scp) to copy
a file from another server to the one it's on.  The problem is the utility
asks for a password, and the Perl script must respond to it.  I know there's
an "Expect" PM I can use, but it's not on the machine currently and I'd like
to avoid the fight I'll get over adding more Perl modules (they already hate
that I'm using Perl, despite the fact that it's already on the machine).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

	-Beldon

--
Five is a sufficiently close approximation to infinity.
		-- Robert Firth