gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 06 Feb 2003 12:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Keyring updated, and Feb keysigning info

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:53:30AM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
> I didn't keep a copy of the announcement, but I believe Guillermo's note
> said that it would be in the building across the street, Griffith Hall.

Nah, Guillermo's note said it would be at Griffith Hall, the
alternate location we've used before, remember to come in the side
door.

Which'd be fine, if the alternate locations we've used before were
clearly indicated on the web page. They're not. It'd be even mostly
fine if someone could go through the archives and find his more
detailed directions sent earlier. But we don't have archives at the
moment either.

Even our regular directions are pretty bad for anyone who hasn't
driven around Center City and West Philly much. Maps and a clear set
of turns from the basic ordinal directions (who cares if it's not
the most efficient way, as long as it gets you there) would be
swell.

Chris is used to what they've got over at http://www.trilug.org/,
and he's right, our directions to meetings are sucky compared to
those.

(... and once we've got them, boilerplate referencing the right URL
for that meeting should go in the meeting announcement you send and
then remind about.)

All of this is part of something we've discussed, updating our web
pages, but we haven't got the organization (elected officers and
such) that TriLUG has (and I, for one, wouldn't *want* to; I *like*
the fact that PLUG's not a beauracracy, even if it means we fall
down a bit on organization some times, it's a cozier feeling in the
long run), so it hasn't unkinked itself yet.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net