Michael Leone on Thu, 06 Feb 2003 13:41:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Keyring updated, and Feb keysigning info

gabriel rosenkoetter said:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:53:30AM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
>> I didn't keep a copy of the announcement, but I believe Guillermo's
>> note said that it would be in the building across the street, Griffith
>> Hall.
>
> Nah, Guillermo's note said it would be at Griffith Hall, the
> alternate location we've used before, remember to come in the side door.

My mistake.

> Which'd be fine, if the alternate locations we've used before were
> clearly indicated on the web page. They're not. It'd be even mostly fine
> if someone could go through the archives and find his more
> detailed directions sent earlier. But we don't have archives at the
> moment either.
>
> Even our regular directions are pretty bad for anyone who hasn't
> driven around Center City and West Philly much. Maps and a clear set of
> turns from the basic ordinal directions (who cares if it's not
> the most efficient way, as long as it gets you there) would be
> swell.
>
> Chris is used to what they've got over at http://www.trilug.org/,
> and he's right, our directions to meetings are sucky compared to
> those.
>
> (... and once we've got them, boilerplate referencing the right URL for
> that meeting should go in the meeting announcement you send and then
> remind about.)

I thought that it was; it used to be, IIRC. Or perhaps I thought you'd see
the directions/USP link on the web page it did reference. Either way, I'll
try and be more explicit on the announcements, as to where the driving
directions are.

As I posted before, if somebody will write'em up, I'll put'em on the page.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348