Christian Hedemark on Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:21:06 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Without OS X

> I guess Apple doesn't care about the person who already has OS X and
> decides to buy new hardware.

If the license is anything like a lot of commercial software, it won't
matter (i.e. is the license transferrable?)

> Not much different from M$ in that
> respect.  Why are Linux users who hate the M$ Tax willing to
> quietly pay
> the Apple Tax?

Because most of us are happy with the Apple OS and don't care to blow it
away.  Many of us *intend* to put Linux on there, or maybe even *do*
make it dual boot, but if you ask around I think you'll find most end up
running OS X 95%+ of the time anyway.

Chris Hedemark
UNIX System Administrator
CC3
"In the digital world, we don't need back-ups, because a digital copy
never wears out. It is timeless." - Jack Valenti, MPAA president

information of CC3 that may be confidential, proprietary and/or legally
privileged, and is intended to be read and used solely by the individuals
or entities named as recipients on this message.  Without limiting the
foregoing, all copyrightable graphics, content and documents, and all
trademarks, service marks and trade names, contained in this e-mail message
or any attachment are exclusively owned by CC3, and no rights are granted
in such content and materials except as expressly stated in this notice.