Adam Lazur on Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:17:06 -0500

Re: HFS+ support (was: Re: [PLUG] Without OS X)

gabriel rosenkoetter (gr@eclipsed.net) said:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:20:52PM -0500, William H. Magill wrote:
> > As long as the Linux variant can use HFS+. (Which I believe Yellow Dog
> > can.)
>
> Really? You sure?
>
> I'd love to see a reference on that if it's true...

The only project for hfsplus on linux that I'm aware of is at
http://linux-hfsplus.sourceforge.net/. I don't know if Yellow Dog ships
with it...

To exchange files between OS X and Linux on my ibook, I have a 512MB
vfat partition (which both OSes read and write just fine). In practice,
I don't use it, so just sits there wasting space.

Another option, though also not all that attractive, is to run mol
(http://www.maconlinux.org/) and use scp or smb to access files.

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey