Ziegler, Scott on Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:56:08 -0500

RE: [PLUG] iptables and NAT

It contains a 1

-----Original Message-----
From: epike@isinet.com [mailto:epike@isinet.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 4:13 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] iptables and NAT

is forwarding enabled?

what does "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" say?

epike

> The configuration I have most recently used is:
> iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface eth0 -j
MASQUERADE
> iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface eth1 -j ACCEPT

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.